Friday, May 29, 2009

up UP and awesome!!

It is incredibly perfect that my first review on this blog is about an incredible movie. From the moment Sarah and I saw the first preview of this movie about 6 months ago, we knew we were going to love it. Pixar has yet to let us down and UP doesn't disappoint either! 

If you haven't heard about it yet, the opening montage takes your breath away! With very few words, the animators bring you through the the ups and downs of a lifelong relationship between Carl and Ellie. Sarah shed a tear or two and I was on the verge! 

up

From there, the movie literally takes off...pun intended. We saw it in 3D and the animation is beautiful. It isn't crazy 3D, where everything flies at you at lightning speed (hmmm...Bolt), but instead the 3D acts to create texture. The fabrics and feathers in the movie have astonishing beauty. 



Russell, often the movie's comic relief, is a talkative and pudgy bundle of curiosity. A junior wilderness explorer, Russell infuses the movie with a joy that I haven't felt while watching a movie in a VERY long time! 

up-pixar-carl-boy.jpg

Pixar has been following a schedule of one major release per year and I cannot wait for next year. I laughed a lot and by the end of the movie there were some tears shed! Honestly, the best movie I have seen this year, UP is a must see! Follow the advice of one review that I read this morning, take someone you love to this wonderful movie and let UP make you fall in love with LOVE all over again!

PS...Toy Story 3 comes out June 18th, 2010!!

1 comment:

Jeanne LaMoore said...

Wanna know something cool? I went to high school with Peter Docter, the director of this movie. He has an amazing mind - he was creating amazing projects back at Kennedy in the 80s.