Friday, March 20, 2009

Why stop at one? Media Center Collaboration

Connie has been sharing with my students today a presentation about evaluating sources! It has been nice to see my kids responding to her in the classroom. At times, I almost feel like they might be starting to get some of this stuff. In the past, it has been so difficult, but I think the hard work of the middle schools and my fellow ninth grade teachers who are teaching research outside of the Language Art's classroom, is finally starting to pay off!! Thanks!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations on your collaboration!

Connie said...

It was great teaching about evaluating resources for your speech project and then also teaching evaluating resources for a health project the following week. I believe the interdisciplinary, just-in-time, and repetitive/review approach will connect the various information literacy skills with our students!