Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mary Poppins - Oh so good!!


It has been a while since I have posted on here...mostly because life got busy with the wedding and we haven't really been out to any musical, plays, or even movies! Grrrr Summer! But alas, our season tickets for the Orpheum/State theaters have started!!

Our first show of the season was Mary Poppins! I have yet to not enjoy a Disney Broadway experience (and I think I have seen them all except Tarzan...which went away VERY quickly!) Mary Poppins did not let us down! I have been somewhat unimpressed by many of the touring shows that have come our way recently come our way because of their paired down orchestrations and mediocre casts. Mary Poppins was the opposite of that. With many of the cast members who originated their roles on Broadway, this was one tour that spared no expense, with many of the original special effects from Broadway came along with the show!

The dancing in the show was absolutely fabulous! Some of the coolest MASS tapping that I have ever seen. Not to mention tapping on the ceiling...wow!

Go see this...it is a delight from beginning to end!


No comments: